Shipping & Returns
Processing & Shipping times
Orders usually ship within 1-2 business days. Orders placed by 2pm PT on a business day, will be processed and shipped that same day. Orders placed on the weekend or holiday, will be processed and shipped on the next business day.
Once your order is shipped you will receive an email with any tracking information available -- you can also check your order status by logging into your account.
Keep in mind that USPS, DHL and UPS service guarantees are suspended if delays are caused by bad weather or any other disaster.
We cannot refund shipping fees if your package arrives late due to snow or other natural disasters anywhere along your package's route.
IC Breakout uses three carriers for shipping:
- USPS (United States Postal Service)
- UPS (United Parcel Service)
- DHL (Dalsey, Hillblom and Lynn)
When you place your order, based on your address and the weight of your order, you will be given the option to select from these 3 carriers. The cost and estimated delivery time will be available to assist you in making your selection.
Please note: USPS is typically the cheapest option but it is also less reliable and does not provide detailed tracking. UPS is sometimes faster and a little more expensive, but has a high-quality tracking system. (Tracking information is emailed when the package is shipped). When in doubt about choosing a shipping method, we suggest UPS or DHL.
International orders are shipped using USPS, UPS, and DHL. Not all 3 services are available to every country. When you go through the check out process, the services available to you will show on the Shipping Method page.
For USPS orders, the packages are handed off to your countries postal service for 'door-to-door' delivery. There are two options for postal shipment: USPS First Class International and USPS Priority Mail Express International.
- USPS First Class International is unreliable and untrackable. Once it’s been sent it’s out of our control. There is no way to track it and there is no proof of delivery or shipment. (That's why it’s so low cost!) It also doesn't have expedited brokerage, which means packages can "sit in customs" for 4-6 weeks or more. Although this is rare it does happen. Packages are sometimes not delivered at all (1% of cases). However, it is generally fairly dependable, with most packages arriving with a week or two. It is not a recommended service and so this method is to be used at your own risk!
- Priority Mail Express International service service comes with tracking and is insured. It is more expensive but has expedited brokerage which means your package will zip through customs and has the added protection of $100 free insurance coverage. We've rarely had an express package lost (although sometimes it will be returned if the destination address is wrong), and it is recommended for international packages.
For UPS we offer International Worldwide Saver, Expedited and Express. All UPS shipping methods are tracked and insured. We highly suggest international UPS for all international packages. All UPS international shipments include a commercial invoice.
Depending on locations DHL Express Worldwide is available. We highly suggest DHL for all international packages when available. Please note that all shipments entering India via DHL require KYC documents. The receiver is contacted and asked to upload the documents. Once the documents have been uploaded, the shipment continues with the clearance process and delivery.
PLEASE NOTE: You are responsible for any VAT, tariff, duty, taxes, handling fees, brokerage charges, customs clearance charges, etc. required by your country for importing consumer goods! UPS, first class and express mail are eligible for these fees. There is no way for us to predict your country's customs/fee habits, so be prepared to pay full VAT on the fully declared value of your order as well as any customs fees your countries UPS and/or postal system may charge you! There are some services that can estimate the duty/taxes, while they're not 100% accurate they can be helpful. Keep a printout of your email receipt as you may have to send a copy to your customs office or for UPS. If you do not pay the required brokerage fees, VAT, tariff, duty, taxes, handling fees, customs clearance charges, etc - we cannot issue any refunds.
Our shipping system is completely automated, and we cannot falsify customs forms. The customs forms will accurately describe the contents and cost of your order. We cannot mark orders as "gift", "sample", "educational" or lower the values. IC Breakout makes every effort to follow all rules, regulations and laws for export compliance.
We can only accept returns within 30 days of receipt (for international orders, 60 days from shipment) for a full refund.
Any returns after 30 days are in store credit only if the return is approved in advance. All returns are credited as store credit upon receipt for international orders or for Paypal / Credit card orders after 30 days of payment.
There is a 5% re-stocking fee for orders returned valued at $200 or more.
Customers are responsible for return shipping costs unless the product arrives damaged or defective.
Please contact us before returning any package! We're reasonable people and want to work with you, so please contact us if you have any issues and we'll do our best to help you out!